Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

POTS?

Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome.

This may actually describe the 'heart' problems that I've had for years.   I had an appointment w/ the cardiologist today and while she was clear that this MAY NOT be what it is, she gave me some literature describing it and the symptoms of it.  I'll be damned if it doesn't just about describe me to a "T".  I have to go back for more testing in July and LUCKY ME I get to wear a heart monitor for 21 days...yeehaw...but it would be nice to actually get some answers.  I've been dealing w/ this for YEARS...since Cole, my fourteen year old son, was 2 months old.  I can't tell you how awful it feels to be 37 years old and feel like you could die from heart problems that no one can figure out.  According to all the tests and docs I've seen in the last fourteen years there is nothing wrong w/ my heart....well according to the literature...that's correct, however it does affect the heart.  I feel like I've been efficiently swept under the rug for years, and no one gives a shit what's ACTUALLY wrong w/ me, just that I'm not gonna die on their watch.  It may be that I don't actually have POTS, but at least for once I feel that this particular cardiologist actually has an interest in finding out what IS going on.  Thank God for that.  On the edge of answers?

No comments:

Post a Comment