Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sometimes people shock me.

Not very often as I've learned over the years that humanity is a giant cesspool of  humans( and I use that term lightly) who don't give a shit about a LOT of things, morality, ethics, manners, responsibility...etc.  So today facebook is aflutter w/ all the people who don't post anything 364 days of the year, but it's the end of the year so let's pretend we give a shit and post SOMEthing.

  I have a lot of FB friends, from my kids, some of their friends, some of the kids on my daughter's teams, friends from high school, acquaintances, besties, to my Mother.  This morning one of the girls I'm friends with (who's 13!) posted this as her status: "Cody Simpson; I hope you have abs so when we get married I can lick whip cream off of them. ;)" 


 Really?!  Now I'm not stupid I realize that teenage girls probably think this stuff, talk to their girlfriends about it, text each other about it, write it in there diaries or journals or whatever, but  to post it on facebook for the whole world to see?  Not a good idea, I have to say I was a bit shocked to read it this morning especially from the girl who posted it.



2 comments:

  1. Followed your blog from People I Want to Punch and have to say I am so with you on this one. I cannot believe the things young girls and guys are posting on FB anymore. Do they not realize that this stuff doesn't go away? Do they not realize how completely trashy they look posting this for the world (or their closest 500 friends) to see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah..I'm sure they just think it's a fleeting moment in time and it will never catch up w/ them. Some people just have to learn the hard way I guess.

      Delete