Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Finally the LAST day of 2012

The last 10 days have just added to the SUCK of this year.  Let's review shall we?

In February DH took the van to run an errand, hit a mailbox.  Not just any mailbox a BIG bricked in mailbox.  The mailbox was fine, the van...not so much.  A few thousand in damage, a $286 deductible..still hasn't been fixed, looks like crap.

So last spring I felt like crap nearly every day, I felt like I was going to die often, I've had heart issues before and they can never find anything wrong.  Ended up at a cardiologist in Owosso (HELLO 40  miles one way! Grrr) and she tells me I have P.O.T.S.  witch is an abbreviation for a bunch of long words that means my blood volume is 2 liters less than every normal human on the planet and my heart doesn't compensate normally for when I stand up from a sitting or lying position and then makes my heart beat rapidly to catch up.  It's great, all of a sudden for no reason your heart goes apeshit and you feel like you're going to have a heart attack.  The good news is it can eventually go away, the bad news is there's not actually a way to treat it at all.  She said it was probably caused by a bad virus it sends your auto immune system out of whack and causes a bunch of issues.  So basically my heart is perfectly fine and healthy I just FEEL like I'm going to die. Her only advice is to eat more salt and drink LOTS of water.  I hate salt, and I'm REALLY tired of water, I feel like a damn fish BUT if I don't drink enough I feel like I'm going to die, so fish it is.  I also can't drink alcohol it makes me feel like crap instantly, I can't even describe it and if I don't drink enough water to counteract the dehydration abilities of the alcohol I end up in the E.R.  What fun.

So then in the summer my husband started feeling like crap, I was like "hell...you probably have the same thing".  Though he kept having weird headaches and I would joke around that he had a tumor and tease him about it.  I told him he should get it checked out, he insisted he was fine...blah blah blah don't need to go to the doctor.  Well he finally told me that when these headaches happen he also has double vision, I told him then not only should you go to the Dr. you should go straight to the E.R.  that's not something to mess around with.  So he goes to his doctor, who sends him to an eye doc telling him that maybe he needs glasses and that can cause a headache, dizziness..etc.  So he goes to the eye doc who tells him he's fine.  Then his doc sends him to a neurologist, who in turn sends him for an MRI.  OK so he goes to the MRI, I go to work, he calls me and says, " they found something and told me to go directly to the E.R."  Sometimes it really sucks to be right.  He has an inoperable malignant brain tumor called a Granular Cell Astrocytoma, he's been give a few months to two years to live.  Peachy.  He's currently ok, gone through radiation and chemotherapy and in a waiting game of what they'll do next.  It's not a question of a cure, they've assured him it WILL come back, it's only a matter of time.

Right before he found all this out the car died.  He was still trying to work while dealing w/ these headaches so  he had to borrow a friends vehicle, for nearly two months it sat cause we didn't have the money to deal w/ it.  Turns out it was the alternator and our wonderful, amazing friends fixed it and it runs fine.  Then he hit a deer w/ it, well technically a deer hit him, but still.  Destroyed the front right quarter panel of course.  Luckily it was still driveable. Dropped it off at the shop to get fixed the week before Christmas.

Fast forward to the day before Christmas Eve, we were gonna run out really quick and pick up a few last minute items. I didn't want to deal w/ the crowds so we were going as soon as our feet hit the floor in the morning.  We left, had to drop something off at the Car shop that was fixing the car, did that moved on and was headed for the freeway.  Went over some railroad tracks and the front tire on the van blew.  Managed to  limp to a Uhaul parking lot.  Hubs then tells me we don't have a jack or crow bar...he took it out for some reason and didn't put it back in.  Great!  Walk into Uhaul and ask if we can borrow a jack.  They were very helpful and would let us, but couldn't find it.  So again we had to call on our super amazing, awesome friends.  They came to the rescue put on the spare (the spare was in HORRIBLE shape, wasn't sure we'd make it the two miles to the tire store) and off we went to get a new one.  Well both the fronts were so bad that we had to buy TWO new ones.  December 23rd = $169.

That same night I was sleeping, hubs was watching TV and he hollers in to the bedroom..."HEY! Hey you gotta come here, something's wrong w/ the dog!"  WTH!?  so I go out in the living room and the dog is having seizures SHIT!  We wrap her in a blanket and run her to the ER vet, luckily the little kids were sleeping.  The big kids were still awake and we let them know something was wrong and we were taking her to the vet.  I was TERRIFIED the kids would be devastated if we lost our dog.  So go to the vet, his first estimate of what they can do is $505 UP FRONT.  Then I'm devastated, there's NO way I can pay that much right then and there, I told him my top amount was $200 so he said she could stay for over night observation and if she had more seizures they would medicate her to stop them.  All that wonderful service cost me a bargain basement price of $195 (still Dec 23).  Dog is fine, no further seizures, have no idea why.

Week after Christmas I gotta work 8:30 to 5 everyday ( I usually don't I'm part time) because we have inventory, fine. I don't mind.  Thursday the 29th the van won't start, the car is still in the shop, and I need to be there pronto.  I had the option of a rental car through my insurance because the car was in the shop, didn't take it because I had the van.  John can't drive so he doesn't need a vehicle.  SO I called the insurance company and told them, " I need that rental car ASAP", so they set it up, Enterprise picks me up to sign the paperwork.  I tell them I need a vehicle that seats 6 ( cause we had a Christmas party to go to, ALL of us), they tell me all they have is a truck.  REALLY!?  A truck...OK whatever, so they give me a GINORMOUS Dodge Ram 1500 Crew cab.  LOVED the truck...still don't know why the van didn't start, made it to work only a half hour late, made it to the party that evening...OH yeah, the car was done 2 hours after I rented the truck...figures.

SO I'm totally DONE w/ this year.  I don't want to repeat it EVER!  Here's a big fat DRINK to the new year ahead!

One more thing, I forgot to mention, there are a LOT of great things that also happened this year, finding out who your true friends are is one of them.  I have THE most AMAZING group of people surrounding me..you have no idea.  Thank God for all the amazing people in this world who really do give a crap about other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment