Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Toddlers and Tiaras: Oh. My. God.

I've watched this show, here and there caught a minute, never paid much attention.  Last night there was NOTHING on, in all our TV glory there was nothing I wanted to watch.  So I grabbed my book, and flipped it to Toddlers and Tiaras just to have something playing in the background, and for the added light.  The lighting in our bedroom is really sucky so anything to add to read by helps.  I'm reading, and sort of watching the show at the same time...pretty soon I as sucked in by the show and decided to put the book down.  I wasn't sucked in because it's a good show, I was sucked in because I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  Ya know like a train wreck, ya don't want to look, but you can't not look either.

I watched two episodes back to back, I can't really keep them straight as to which was which because I was also tired.  Here's some of the things that I find appalling.

  Madison was one of the little girls, I think she was 3.  She was a horrid, rotten little thing, attitude, kicking, hitting her mother.  She was not very pretty either, seeing her attitude just made her more distasteful.  Her mother just kept SWEARING up and down that Madison LOVES pageants and if she doesn't win she'll be crushed.  Yea right, Madison obviously didn't give two shits if she went to the pageant or not and has never had reinforced discipline in her life.  I think she won "Most Photogenic", listen Mom that's a nice way of saying she didn't qualify for anything else so stop wasting your money.

  Bristol was 18 months old, and her dress cost $4000.  HELLO!! My wedding dress didn't even cost that much.  Her mother went on to say, "I'd take a second mortgage on my house if that's what it takes to win"  If I was her husband I'd be kicking her ass to the curb.  Bristol was tired, didn't like the hair piece, cried her eyes out over that, just as she was about to go on stage, she hit her head on the door (totally Mom's fault) and was of course crying the whole time on stage.  Her second time on stage went better, her third time she was again bawling because of someone in a wolf costume.  Whatever.  She didn't place AT all, and her Mother was shocked by this and wondered why.  DUH!  She's 18 months old, she DOESN'T want to be there.  Her poor stepsister even felt bad for her.  Her husband even said he thought it was bullcrap and it wasn't worth it, time to give your wife an ultimatum mister dumbass.

Chloe, was another horrid bratty little girl, wouldn't let her mother touch her, had to have her dad do it all.  Didn't go to bed til 1am the night before the pageant, and got up at 6am?!  WTF?!  Who does that, I think she was only 3 or 4 anyway.  So she's falling asleep getting her hair done, and then falling asleep again while waiting to go on stage. Her mom calls her husband and says, "she's falling asleep can you go and get her some drinks?"  WHAT?!  Then her mom proceeds to tell us what's in those drinks, "her daddy makes her special drinks if she gets tired, it's sports drink, apple juice and a little cola.."  Uh huh...right, I don't believe you for a minute, sure he didn't put a little Red Bull in there too?  THEN, they give it to her IN A BOTTLE!  WTH?!  Talk about rot your teeth off, CRAZY!  She also placed in NOTHING and her mother even went up to the judges and asked them why, when they told her she was like shocked, DUH!!  This is called Mommy Blind, when you can't see the crap right in front of your face, but everyone else can.  Another mother INSISTING that her daughter LOVES pageants and can't live w/o a crown.

Victoria, was a much more reserved little girl who seemed to have better manners but I loved her brother's quote.  They asked her older brother what her personality was like, and he said, "Victoria's personality is like....Spoilt she's very spoiled"  Good for you kid, the only one seeing the light in your family.    Her mother was so odd, the woman had no upper lip.  Victoria was cute and I think she ended up placing in something but it wasn't what her mother thought it would be.  She really wasn't up to competing at this crazy level, and it was obvious why she didn't place better.  However she was SO right about the little Paisley girl dressed as a hooker for Pretty Women, that was SO distasteful I would never let my daughter dress like that either.

Maddy,  she is also extremely spoiled, but better behaved, AND she really does seem to like pageants.  Her mother just a little bit psycho though I think, who puts fake boobs and butt on a toddler?  Talk about all kinds of wrong...hmmm.   She did win big, she was cute, she did look like she was enjoying being there.

Queen, Now THIS is a beautiful well behaved girl, and guess what she just started, she didn't grow up w/ pageants, good for her Mom.  She was undoubtedly the best of the show last night.  Good for her, that girl is going places.  I liked her Mom too, much respect for her.  Her costumes were great she had a great personality and she place the highest.  Way to go, but I don't see why she's on that show she's not a toddler, if I was her I'd be embarrassed to be on a show called Toddlers and Tiaras.  

Overall the absolute craziness of the show as appalling I can't believe how these grown women act, w/ their girls, their other kids and w/ each other.  They obviously never grew up and it's all about who's the prettiest still.  The poor other siblings, little brothers, older brothers, sisters, they are just dragged around to these horrid competitions not as doted on as Mom's obvious favorite, those kids will need counseling when they grow up!   What an awful show and TLC should be ashamed of themselves for airing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment